Intellectual property is the set of rights that correspond to the authors and other owners with respect to the works resulting from their creation.
Its purpose is to protect copyright, and are the following:
- literary works such as novels, poems, scenic representations, reference works, journalistic articles;
- computer programs and databases;
- the films, the musical compositions and the choreographies;
- artistic works such as paintings, drawings, photographs and sculptures;
- the architecture;
- ads, maps and technical drawings.
The first step that must be given is to request recordal for registration to obtain proof of the existence of the rights registered.
In addition to the registration of the Intellectual Property Registry, which is public, the notarial protocol is highly recommended, especially in cases of registration of software.